Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 2: Withdrawls?

.... Today has been an emotional roller coaster.  Tired.  Tears.  Laughing.  Frustration.  But not because of my facebook-less life... because one of my great, great friends completed her final day working with me.  I was also at work at 7am.  Ouch.  Still nothing compared to when I worked as Starbucks and was at work at 4am...  I digress.

Half way through the day my boss said, "I hope I don't look as tired as you!"

It's hard to feel tired when you love your job.  I would go in at 5am... maybe not on a regular basis.  But I would because I love it.

But back to my facebook-less life.  There were so many times today that I thought I wanted to facebook something... but rather than dropping and doing 20 pushup I continued with my day.  I feel a sense of freedom.  Like things are more intimate in my life.  I don't have to share EVERYTHING!   I can enjoy the day and perhaps have a great conversation with my husband about it. Already my facebook-less life is a +1.

I suppose the question remains... did I feel like I was cheating when I posted a few things to Facebook for work?  No... because I didn't want to post that for myself.  I posted that for the shelter.  For the animals that will have a new temporary home.  For the shelter who was sending off a wonderful employee that touched countless animal and human lives.

Today in a world where I want to say SO much, and post so many things... Instead I will leave you with these:


Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

[info][add][mail]
Steve Jobs


No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It's life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.

[info][add][mail]
Steve JobsStanford Commencement Adress, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment