Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's been a while

It's been a while since I posted anything here.  That was both an accident and intentional.  I realized that my blogging was initially taking the place of my Facebooking, and the whole purpose of me leaving FB was to eliminate my need to tell everything to the world.

So, what have I been up to? Well, in short... TONS!  I have started going to the gym 4 days a week.  Yoga on Wednesdays.  On the weekends I have been keeping as busy with my husband as possible.  Cleaning the house, walking the dogs, seeing friends, so on and so forth.  I have been to Texas, visited family, volunteered at work.

I was at a little bit of a turning point around Thanksgiving.  So many people were talking about communicating on FB, and I was seriously considering going back.  My husband surprised me for my birthday and arranged to go stand up paddle boarding with my dad (he is an instructor).  It was such a cool experience!  While I was out there just feet away from otters and sea lions it hit me that THIS experience is what I left FB for.  Life is happening here and now... and I want to do that!  Not read about it through someones status.

So why am I sitting down now to blog?  Well, my little family (husband and two dogs) are all asleep on my mothers couch.  My husband just had two of his wisdom teeth out this morning along with another procedure called a frenectomy on his tongue.  This is the first time in weeks that I haven't been working, working out, cleaning etc...

We are moving in a month which is going to be great!  We have found a place that is about 2/3 of what we thought we would be spending on rent.  It is on 5 acres less than a block from where we live now.  The new place will require some work in order to make it what we want.... again something other than FB.

Well, now I have to go finish the mashed potatoes for my lovely husband.  Poor guy.... I anticipate him needing a lot of TLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment